Summary of the story? I am Thankful I am not the turkey on the table, but that the turkey sacrificed its life to be the center piece of this delicious meal!
Today, I called my grandparents to wish them a Happy Thanksgiving, since I won’t see them and wanted to make sure I was able to catch up with them before the holiday. (I know what you’re thinking… I am the best granddaughter ever… Its really hard being SO perfect and the golden child!)
Naturally they all asked “How are you?” To which I answered honestly, truthfully and surprisingly, “REALLY AMAZING.” It made me think, for the first time in my life, I can honestly say I am truly happy and mostly content. I have an awful lot to be thankful for and thought it would be nice to express this gratitude on the eve of the day of we give thanks!
I think sometimes we forget how much we have to be thankful for, we get caught up in the nuances and minor catastrophes of our every day lives that we don’t always see the big picture and how much we actually have to be grateful for! I encourage, and implore you, as I have here, to take a moment and think about that you’re thankful for… Its OK if its in-between the turkey and the apple pie or after your 3rd mimosa, just making sure you do it. It is humbling and a nice reminder of all you have…Count your blessings on this day, because it is, after all, the reason the Turkey gave its life!
I am thankful for:
- I am thankful my very handsome, smart and patient Boyfriend, who loves me and is the rock I need to stabilize my rather chaotic existence.
- I am thankful for my Parents, for mainly giving me life, but for also everything else under the sun and for always being there for me and for being my best friends!
- I am thankful my Sisters who are the craziest people I know, and are absolutely, smart, beautiful and incredible! I wouldn’t be me without their crazy asses.
I am thankful my adorable and insanely fluffy fur babies, without whom life would be incredibly boring
- I am thankful for the addition this year of Dash to our family. We didn’t know it, but he was what was missing from our little family!
- I am thankful my Grandparents who I am very fortunate to have 2 sets of and who are incredibly strong guiding forces in my life
- I am thankful my incredibly generous In-Laws, being 150 miles from my own parents, I am very grateful to them so close by, should I need a “parent”.
- I am thankful my Close Girlfriends who I can always count on to enable my crazy
- I am thankful for my Close Girlfriends who I can always count on to defuse my crazy
- I am thankful for The Loreali to my Rory
- I am thankful for My Aunts, Uncles and Cousins
- I am thankful that fact that Gilmore Girls is coming back for 6 hours of Stars Hallow greatness!
- I am thankful that I am able to work / do a job I love and build something incredible with my family and boyfriend. I am so proud of where we are today and how far we’ve come! It is truly special what we’ve built and the best is yet to come!
- I am thankful for the fact that Greys Anatomy is on its 13th Season and STILL going strong!
- I am thankful that there are regular Harry Potter Marathons on Freeform (ABC Family)
- I am thankful for Netflix and that Binge watching is a socially acceptable thing and encouraged
- I am thankful for the foliage and living in beautiful New England
- I am thankful that Tequila is “Good for you”
- I am thankful that I found a workout plan that works for me and I LOVE doing!!
- I am thankful pizza is LIFE as are cheeseburgers and Tacos… #TacoLife
- I am thankful for my beautiful, warm home
- I am thankful to be able to live in the greatest city on earth (one that I definitely don’t take advantage of…)
- I am thankful to be able to give awesome holiday gifts this season to my loved ones and to have the ability to work and earn and pay my bills as well!
- I am thankful for my bed and cuddly kitten in said bed
- I am thankful for my life
- I am thankful for my loves
- I am thankful.
What’re you thankful for???